29 September 2012

September has always been my favorite month because the end of the month is my birthday. Cheesy. Can’t be happier to receive so many greetings and hugs, cakes, or gifts. Hehe.

Should have posted this writing on the D day. But I was too busy to eat around with boyfriend and forget to post something special. But better late than never, isn’t it? :p

Let’s say hello once again to September 29th. It’s been the 22nd times since the world greatest mom gave birth to a little girl named Diah. There was nothing special on this day, except those greetings I mentioned before. My boyfriend did give something I’ve been searching for, but that’s it. I didn’t even remember my birthday when he tried to make me mad by saying he wouldn’t be able to be in Jogja on my birthday. I guess I am getting older.

Compared to last year, really, I do not have anything special to celebrate this year. Err, should revise it. One of the most special things happened on September this year btw. The best gift I could give to my self and people around me (at least until today). My graduation. I was announced “pass the final thesis presentation. Thus, I do not have to do another presentation”. In short, I finish my college time though I still have to do some revision and graduation preparation.

Let me rethink of what I did on September 29th this year. Waking up quite early in the morning (won’t tell you the time since definition of early is differ for everyone and I don’t want to fail how I praise my self :p), receiving some greetings through facebook, twitter, phone messaging, and email. Yet, I spent the day all alone until my boyfriend came in the evening and took me to theater and dinner. But both of us caught flu at the moment and didn’t really enjoy our dinner. Really, there’s nothing special. But, once again I realized how life changes and drives us into directions we’ve never guessed before. Two years ago, I celebrated my birthday with my bongs with eyes swollen. A year ago, together with my roommates, we went for lunch and coffee until late at night in Japan. This year, I didn’t even remember my birthday. :p

Though sometimes I am still wondering if a day really consists of 24 hours, I have no doubt there are so many things happen in life during those 24 hours. There are so many people come and go at the same time. There are many moments to think of, to be happy of, to be sad of, and to be thankful for. After these 12 months that I’ve been through since the last September 29th, I’d love to say I am enjoying every single seconds of my life. I complain, sometimes. I wish I lived someone else’s life, sometimes. I get mad of my self, sometimes. I am wasting my time, many times. But after all, I am happy to be Diah. 

Considering to create a memorable story of my journey during those 12 months, I am just too lazy to do such things. Then let me summarize those 12 months in pictures.

1. October: Fall is coming in Fukuoka. The leaves turned brown and did a great trip called “Momiji Hunting”.
2. November: Selected as speaker in international consortium and mc in Indonesia culture days in Fukuoka.
3. Des=cember: Exploring Hokkaido in winter and spending new year in Japanese way with Okuwa Family.
4. January: Flew to Korea and some financial crisis afterwards. :p
5. February: Shocked by the fact that my computer broke and started my wandering days in library to finish ISP. Meet the lovely Fujiki Family.
6. March: Closing ceremony and flew back to Indonesia. 
7. April: Started my campus life (read: thesis)
8. May: Depressed, I couldn’t have my thesis done for August.
9. June: Had my first step in Vietnam for AUN Forum.
10. July: Visited Thailand and my Thai girls 
11. August: Submitted my thesis (finally).
12. September (again): Final thesis presentation. Welcoming Diah SIP.

It’s been a wonderful journey back then. I am so grateful for what I’ve been through and hoping will go through some more memorable journey ahead.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

A Journey to be a Star (Danone Management Trainee Recruitment Phase)

My Chevening Journey

Perpisahan Kelas Bahasa Jepang