Sayonara Nihon

Mengutip kata teman saya Emiko "Home is where your heart belongs. I have only one heart, but it belongs to two homes."

Sudah setengah tahun sejak saya pulang dari Jepang. Nyatanya, negara saudara tua itu masih membekas di kepala. Saya masih pengen balik kesana. Entah karena saya selo jadi suka ngelamun sendiri. Entah karena negara sakura itu begitu menggoda. Entah karena Jepang adalah negara pertama yang memberi saya kesempatan untuk tinggal lama. Entah karena jiwa saya memang melankolis. Dan banyak entah berantah lainnya. Intinya, kalo ada kesempatan, I'd love to go back to Japan. :)

Tulisan di bawah ini sebenernya sudah lama saya tulis. Sehari setelah nyampe rumah, saya langsung buka laptop dan nulis sebelum keburu lupa. So, please enjoy. :)

When I saw those less friendly faces in the airport, when I saw people throwing garbage on the street, and when I felt the super humid air, I knew that I was no longer in Japan. Welcome home Diah, Welcome to Bali 

March 20th, again and again, I waved my hands to all friends in Fukuoka. Giving and receiving hugs and goodbye words, would never be easy. But Japan never disappointed me, at least, in case for their sincere. Before boarding on the plane, I got my cabin luggage checked. I was really afraid if it was too heavy and I wouldn't be allowed to take them all. Some friends were not so lucky. They had to re-pack their stuff, left some of them, and asked a friend to send it back to their country.

Imagine, I had 3 cabin luggage with me with weight more than 20 kg I guess, haha. Consisted of one huge backpack, one luggage, one camera case, and one big women hand bag. I also, unconsciously, put some make up in my cabin luggage which made me had to let the airport custom officer take all my stuff out of my luggage.

At first, the custom officer guy asked me to buy some kind of plastic for make up. With swollen eyes ( I was crying, how could I am not?!) I asked where I could buy that kind of plastic. The man looked at me (my eyes) for a while (yes, it was dramatic scene) and without any single words, gave me the plastic I needed.

He took it from inside his jacket. Then he left. If I could marry him, I would. Hahaha kidding! I was just astonished by his kindness. They gave me great goodbye before I left the country. All I could do was just saying arigatou gozaimasu. I didn’t know if he heard it, I hope he did. But for whoever you are, thank you, thank you. It was small thing, really small one, but for me, it was a great farewell from a country I love so much. 

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

A Journey to be a Star (Danone Management Trainee Recruitment Phase)

My Chevening Journey

Perpisahan Kelas Bahasa Jepang