Kodomo Yamakasa

Today, I and WJC students went to see the 'Kodomo Yamakasa'. Kodomo is a Japanese which means children. Whereas Yamakasa is a festival which is annualy held in Hakata, Fukuoka. In short, Kodomo Yamakasa is a yamakasa festival where the participants are all children. For more information about yamakasa, you can google it by your self. :)

What is unique about Kodomo Yamakasa?
At first, I thought watching Kodomo Yamakasa would be fun because we could see children carrying those heavy kazariyama. Yes, it was true. But then what was more interesting for me was the message that they deliver to us (me). Carrying the 600 kg Kazariyama is not easy at all. They taught me about the spirit of "DONT GIVE UP!" and "Together we can".

Yes, while the others carrying Yamakasa, children who didnt kept on shouting "ganbaru" or "fighto". They cheering up their friends, before, while, or after carrying the Kazariyama. That was amazing. I was glad I had a chance to see it myself.

The "real" Yamakasa will be held from July 9th until 15th each year. Of course, I wouldnt miss a chance to see it! Ganbaru!

Here are some pics I got from today's amazing lesson:


The senior is preparing everything before a group of children carry Kazariyama and make a turn in that pole.


group of children shouting "Fighto" for their friends.


Start carrying Kazariyama. They have to make the turn for three times. Only if you could feel the atmosphere, then you'd know what I felt. enthusiastic!


PUSH! Everybody works so hard! Otsukaresamadeshita!


DORAEMON KAKIYAMA. Haha! Glad to find this. I love doraemon, nobita, shizuka, giant, and suneo since I was a lil girl. :)


Once again, children carrying Kazariyama in Nakasu Kawabata street before they finish in Kushida Shrine.


And before we see Kodomo Yamakasa, we had chance to see Japanese traditional show. Sensei said it was supposed to be funny. But since my Japanese is very bad, all I could do was opened my mouth and ended up with couldnt catch even a word. Poor me. Hahaa.

But well, today was amazing. Can't wait for the Yamakasa Festival itself. Seeing Hakata's men carrying 7 Kazariyama. That should be great! :D

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

A Journey to be a Star (Danone Management Trainee Recruitment Phase)

My Chevening Journey

Perpisahan Kelas Bahasa Jepang