Rice Field Trip

-Being a farmer is tough, no matter where they live-

Yesterday, I got a chance to go to a rice field in Japan. From Fukuoka city (Fukuoka Joshi Dai), we take 30 minutes bus to the north of Kyushu and get off in one of suburban areas. I don't know exactly the name of the area is. But as far as you can see is mountain and rice field. It was beautiful even tough yesterday was a lil bit cloudy and windy.


At first, I thought being a farmer in Japan is not as difficult as in Indonesia, since they have high tech machine. But this thought soon changed as we started planting the rice seed.

At first, we had to plant it by hand. It was difficult. I don't think or expect my rice will grow and wondering who is the lucky person that has a chance to eat my rice. But then, after a short break (eating watermelon and cake), we did the plant by machine. This part was so much fun!


And here we go, the field is now fulled of our rice plant


I do really want to thank the super kind farmers there because they let us destroyed their field rice! ;p

After serial of hard work, it's time for lunch. The housewives of the farmers prepared everything for us. Oishi katta!

Finished lunch, we (FWU regular students) continued their activity with discussion with the farmer and JA (Japan Agricultural) about Japan Agriculture.
I couldn't understand because the discussion is conducted in Japanese. But from Vanessa (My Belgium friend whose Japanese is very well), I heard that Japan face the problem of the decreasing number of farmer. They are afraid that in the next 10 years, there will be no farmer in Japan because nobody wants to be a farmer.

This is one of the reasons of this activity. Promoting agriculture to youth.
Well, all I can say, being a farmer is hard. And I hope (I am sorry because I couldn't), there will be such great people who wants to do this great job!

And sure, I hope those who will be a farmer could get greater income! This prayer is not only for Japan, but also sent to my country, Indonesia.
GO FARMING!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

A Journey to be a Star (Danone Management Trainee Recruitment Phase)

My Chevening Journey

Perpisahan Kelas Bahasa Jepang